Knowledge Translation Challenge
... the art and science of moving evidence into health care policy and practice.
The Knowledge Translation (KT) Challenge is designed to support teams of PHC and VCH clinicians who many not have much KT expertise but are responsible for moving evidence into practice. Successful applications to the KT Challenge will receive funding (up to $5,000) and training learn the basics of knowledge translation and to support a KT initiative.
For further information on the KT Challenge, please read the documents below.
- Section 1 due October 22, 2018
- Proposal (Sections 2 to 7) due April 24, 2019
2016 KT Challenge - PHC Projects
Two teams from PHC moved forward with their KT Challenge projects ...
- Screening for Psychological Distress in the Cardiac Setting
- Screening for Malnutrition
2017 KT Challenge - PHC Projects
Five teams from PHC moved forward with their KT Challenge projects ...
- Implementation of a Clinical Tool Kit for Care of Patients on Clozapine in Acute Inpatient Psychiatry**
- Increase OTs’ abilities to offer Functional Electrical Stimulation for Stroke Patients
- Exercise Intervention to improve Cognition in Geriatric Patients with Dementia
- Protocol for family presence during resuscitation attempts in the Emergency Departments and the Intensive Care Unit at PHC
- Communication for Ventilated Patients in the ICU**
** Jointly funded by PHC and VCHA