- The Professional Practice Office supported efforts leading to PHC’s award of Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada in 2017.
- Patient Partners are active members of dozens of PHC committees and research teams. They also advise leaders during staff interviews.
- Our 48/6 initiative enhances our organizational ability to address key patient care concerns promptly following admission.
- The Practice-based Research Challenge was awarded the Evidence-Based Practice Award from Sigma Theta Tau International (Nursing Honor Society).
- The Knowledge Translation Challenge was launched in partnership with VCH. This initiative supports teams working to integrate research into practice and improve patient care.
- Implemented medication reconciliation on discharge in the Mental Health Program.
- Implemented smart pumps across all PHC acute care sites.
- Supported the opioid crisis through medication standards, care and processes.
- The Professional Practice Office successfully raised $5000 towards the St Paul’s Foundation Lights of Hope, and we now have our own star on the Lights of Hope.